Monday, October 10, 2005

Okay, I’m probably going to piss some people off by this post, but it’s got to be said.

 

I just read that the United States has pledged up to $50,000,000 (yes, $50 Million) dollars to aid for Pakistan to help with the earthquake that they had the other day.

 

Now, I know they aren’t the richest country, and I know that it’s a terrible thing.  I understand that lives were lost.  It is a very sad thing to have happened.

 

But, I would like to know how much did Pakistan give to us for Katrina?  I am just getting sick of all this crap that is going down in this country.  Our national debt is getting bigger and bigger.  Our gas prices are skyrocketing!  There are tons of people out of a job in this country!  There are tons of homeless people in this country!  And the poor, homeless, unemployed don’t have very good health care, or none at all!

 

Like I said…what happened in Pakistan is terrible.  But between the war, hurricanes, gas prices, jobless rates, a spiraling deficit, end every other thing that’s going wrong in this country; we need to start focusing on this great land a little more.  I’m not saying we should shun the rest of the world and not help when there’s a disaster.  But I think it’s all getting a little out of hand lately.

 

That’s my two-cents...do with it what you will.

No comments: