Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Minimum raise just went up...wish my raise was that big!

I just found out that the minimum wage just went up .70. (http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2008/07/23/minimum-wage-to-jump-by-70-cents-thursday/)

I'm not complaining that it went up...It is a much needed raise. I remember what it was like living on minimum wage and will always support raising it.

I'm just a little miffed that it went up higher than my annual raise!!! We usually get at least a cost of living increase at my work, but not this year. It's not even enough to make up the increased amount of money I am spending a week on gas just to go to work! It's not even close! Maybe I should try and find a job closer to home that I can walk to? Or maybe use public transport?

...Click here to read more and discuss...

No comments: