Monday, August 07, 2006

***EDIT - FUN TIMES THIS PAST WEEKEND - EDIT***

***This post has been edited from it's original posting...you'll see why below.***

So I throw a little house warming party for family and friends Saturday night. Sunday morning, I find my wallet to be empty...including coupons! My bank envelope that I was saving for Property Taxes empty! And my bank envelope with spending money empty! My girlfriends wallet was emptied! There are only 3 people who could have stolen it. One is my girlfriend (who showed me her empty wallet and purse). One is a friend that I've known all my life (30+ years). The other is a friend of the friend. I'm sure it was her. Why? Because while we were sitting out on the patio, she had to go inside the house a few times to go to the restroom. And both me and my friends wife saw her with a bunch of $100's in her purse.

Yep, she almost forgot her purse and her boyfriend went in the house to get it. Opens it to get the car keys out and pulls out a huge wad of cash! With a very dumbfounded look on his face, he asked her where she got it. Since earlier in the night she mentioned that she is not working and has no money ( i.e. she didn't have the money to buy a joint). She claimed she had been saving it.

Of course I didn't think twice at the time. It was late, I had a few beers. Those neurons weren't quite firing very well at the time. Like they say, hindsight is 20/20.

***edited part***
I got a call yesturday from her boyfriend saying that he found my stuff and that he wants to return it. We met up that night and he returned everything.

Appartently, she does not remember taking it. She has a brain tumor and blacks out. Do I believe that...not right now. Would I like to believe that...yes.

I guess she has been going nuts these past few days about this. She lost her phone for a short period. That is why they never called me back. Seems they could have checked her voicemail from any phone...but that's just me thinking. Hmm...like I said, I don't completely believe that. If that is the truth, I hope she gets the help she needs. If that's not the truth, I hope she gets the help she needs.

P.S. One more thing...a big F.U. shoutout to the Madison Heights Police Department for not doing a damn thing through this whole fucking ordeal! I even had fingerprints on the object that was hiding my stuff, but apparently that still didn't point to her actually taking my shit!!!! What the hell is the point of paying taxes, paying insurance when in a time of need all they do is come up with bullshit excuses NOT to help you?!?!?!?!

No comments: