Monday, August 21, 2006

MOVIE REVIEW: SNAKES ON A PLANE

SNAKES ON A PLANE


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting = 4 SNAKE FILLED MOTHERFUCKING AIRPLANES!


Storyline: Some dude sees a murder and the murderer wants him killed.


One word: Awsome! Honestly, I went into the movie without the highest of hopes. Even more honestly, when I first heard about this movie I thought it would be totally stupid and that Hollywood has run out of ideas. I then heard that Samuel L. Jackson would be in the movie. My interest was peaked. Not quite enough to want to go see it, but it was peaked. I then started to hear about how dedicated he was to this movie. How he was putting his foot down when they tried to change it’s name or reduce it to a PG film instead of R…then I started to look into it more. By that time the Internet hype machine was in full gear. There are numerous sites dedicated to this film. My personal favorite Internet related item for this movie is the call or email you can get from Sam on this movie.


Now, on to my review! (like anyone actually reads this worthless blog! (no pun intended…seriously)).


The movie did have it’s campy scenes. Not many though. There were only a few spots I could have done without. I like how they had the snakes doing things that we can only imagine in our minds. A snake biting someone in the eye for instance. Or maybe a snake getting under your clothes. They did do some nice snake related exploring pieces. The action was non stop. There were few slow moments. Most of the movie was revolved around the snakes. As expected. The normal slow beginning and ending of the movie was short lived. The action started from around 5 minutes in and stopped with about 5 minutes to spare.


If you don’t like snakes, this movie isn’t for you. My girlfriend found that one out. Even though she said that she thought it looked interesting. She was just going because I wanted to go. I give her credit for that. I owe her so many damn chick flicks right now it’s not funny.


The graphics were really well done. I know from seeing interviews and such on other programs that all the snakes used in the making of the movie were harmless. But they did a great job at making them look dangerous as hell!


All in all…it’s a good movie. Not the best movie ever…but very good. If you enjoy movies like Anaconda, Deep Blue Sea or Lake Placid type movies, then you will thoroughly enjoy this one! It is surprisingly well put together, great actions sequences, everyone who you want to be killed gets killed, decent storyline, altogether fun movie.


P.S. It is R rated…it’s not for kids! I hate the dumb asses who bring their 9 year old kids to these kinds of movies! She didn’t scream or anything, but it’s not a pretty movie. There is a lot of swearing too…some people!

No comments: